Regardless of where you live, there are opportunities to become involved with the Foster Family Network. We are here to represent you, so being a part of who we are and how we run only makes sense. The following is a list of ways you can be involved with the Foster Family Network. How you become involved will depend entirely upon your interests and your time.
Here are a few ways to get involved.
By volunteering your time, you are assisting the Foster Family Network to operate more effectively and reinforcing that the Foster Family Network is about foster parents supporting foster parents. There are a number of ways to volunteer:
- in the office assisting staff with event planning or office duties
- as a Peer Support Provider answering foster parent enquiries from your own home
- have the greatest impact on support and representing other foster parents as a member of our Board of Directors
- assist in the growth of the Discount Card Program by signing your business up as a
To become a volunteer, call us at (204) 940-1280 or toll-free at 1-866-458-5650 and leave a message for our volunteer coordinator.
Join a Committee
The Foster Family Network works hard to maintain a grassroots focus. One way of ensuring we don’t loose sight of foster parents helping foster parents is to have foster parents on each of our committees.
The Foster Family Network Program committees are:
- Education Committee
- Peer Support Committee
- Newsletter Committee
The Foster Family Network Project committees are:
- Fostering Connections Forum Committee
- Discount Card Committee
- Fundraising Committee
Create a Foster Parent Gathering
Gatherings serve as a grassroots support system for foster families and act as a collective voice to improving the Child Welfare System.
Assist at an Event or Forum
The Foster Family Network hosts a number of free events throughout Manitoba. Come join us.